A new Lapierre DH to take you ever higher!
One of the major new products for 2015: the Lapierre DH has been completely reworked to provide a platform with superior performance! Developed around our new SLT suspension (Supra Link Technology), the new DH was created with 2 objectives in mind: performance and reliability.
All the experience of our engineers, plus the riders and the mechanics of Team Lapierre Gravity Republic, was put to use in order to evolve this new model. Directly inspired from moto-cross, the SLT kinematics provide 210 mm of travel and offer a more sensitive and progressive suspension. This new bike is the response to the ever more exacting World Cup courses and the continuously more aggressive riding style of our team athletes. 100% made from Supreme 6 aluminium, the geometry for the new DH was developed following recommendations from Team Lapierre Gravity Republic riders. It was specially conceived for 27.5’’ wheels. This new standard was the unanimous choice of our riders at the end of the 2013 season, following Sam Blenkinsop’s 4th place in the Worlds at Pietermaritzburg and a 2nd place at the Leogang World Cup for Loic Bruni.
Number 1 in the UCI Gravity Team rankings at the beginning of the 2014 season, Team Lapierre Gravity Republic were put to work harder than ever to perfect their new weapon! Numerous tests were carried out on various prototypes, and proved that our new DH pushes the limits further than ever before. Emmeline Ragot, Sam Blenkinsop, Loic Bruni et Loris Vergier made their choice. They now have their new arm. More than ever, they’ll be taking their place on the podium!
What’s SLT technology?
• Single-pivot kinematics specifically developed for downhill.
• 210 mm of travel.
• A suspension curve that maximizes sensitivity on small shocks and becomes ultra-progressive at the end of the travel to avoid bottoming out.
• A unique linkage system for an optimal suspension curve.
• A main pivot point position that limits the impact of pedaling on the suspension.
The two versions, Team and 727, benefit from all the Lapierre ‘‘savoir-faire’’ and the numerous innovations developed by our engineers:
• SLT suspension kinematics.
• New oversized axles inspired by OST+ for increased stiffness, better reliability and easy maintenance.
The innovations that make the difference
• New removable compact rear dropouts • Simplified internal cable routing
• Adjustable head angle (63,7° +/- 1).
• Conical headset for greater stiffness.
• Wide clearance of the rear wheel for better mud clearance and more freedom in tyre choice.
• New chainstay and seatstay protections, rubber protection for the pivot (from chain slap).
• Fork bumpers on the downtube • New rear mudguard
Two DH models will be on the 2015 range: DH Team and DH 727. Check out the latest images in Fort William on our Facebook page!