New Xelius SL - That's lighter than ever!
The legendary Lapierre Xelius has been the preferred race machine of FDJ riders for many years now.
However, following the introduction of the Aircode and the Pulsium in 2014, it was time to re-think the old favourite. Our engineers set out to create a bike that both improved the efficiency and stiffness of the old Xelius, and also reduced the weight. They re-examined the bike entirely and came up with a completely new design. The result: complete performance advancement. Rigorous testing on machines, and on tarmac by FDJ riders, and the new Xelius SL has been deemed race ready by the very best in French cycling.
NEW LIGHTWEIGHT XELIUS : 100% NEW FRAME, THAT’S LIGHTER THAN EVER.
FOR LIGHT WEIGHT :
- Tubes designed for lightest weight possible.
- Different carbon layup for lighter weight Xelius, but still prioritizing rigidity.
FOR EFFICIENCY :
- Integration of Power Box technology
- Design optimized to lower the centre of gravity in order to be more efficient when standing on the pedals.
- Improved placement of Di2 battery in the downtube close to the BB for better pedaling efficiency.
- Shorter chainstays (405mm) for a more dynamic ride and better acceleration.
3D TUBULAR TECHNOLOGY:
- Attaching the rear triangle to the top tube instead of the seat tube enables us to cut weight. There are more constraints with the seat tube due to the rider weight placed on it.
- This design permits some flex and therefore better comfort for the rider.
TRAP DOOR TECHNOLOGY (TDT):
- The Di2 battery is integrated into a special patent pending support in the down tube, close to the BB.
- With its one piece cover and battery holder, the TDT ensureseasy access to the battery for maintenance and a lower centre of gravity.
The Xelius SL will be available in July 2015